Building cost (level 1)
The riches of your empire are kept in the Treasury.
Kings are able to upgrade their hidden treasuries to an active treasury (more details below). Once a treasury is made active, it then generates influence based on the population of the village it is in. This active treasury also generates additional resources and victory points.
Differences between the two different kinds of treasury:
- Hidden Treasury: The hidden treasury is the governor’s equivalent of the king’s treasury. It has the same building time, needs the same resources to build and gives the same amount of culture points. One major difference between a hidden and active treasury is that a hidden treasury can't be directly targeted by catapults. Hidden treasuries also do not generate influence and are not visible to your enemies.
- Active (unhidden) Treasury: Kings store treasures here that generate resources, victory points and influence. Depending on its level, another amount of treasures can be stored in one treasury. The king’s treasures can be stolen by other kings if they attack with their hero.
There are events in the game when a hidden treasury becomes an active treasury and when an active treasury becomes a hidden treasury (see details below).
How many active treasuries can I have?
- You can have 1 active treasury by default then you can assign additional slots to yourself and your dukes for every 4000 treasures in your kingdom. Please note that the slots distribution has to be equal.
What happens to my treasures and resources when I transform a treasury?
- If a hidden treasury is converted to an active treasury, all the treasures in the tributes fund are moved into the active treasury.
- After an active treasury is transformed into a hidden treasury:
As king: Treasures move to closest village which has space left. If none, they will remain as inactive treasures. These do not produce resources or victory points and can still be stolen.
Note: Deactivating your treasury does NOT protect your treasures against attacks (unless ofc, they are transfered to another active treasury).
What happens when a king abdicates?
- When a king resigns (abdicates), the most powerful duke in the kingdom will be crowned as the new king
What happens when a duke is kicked from the kingdom?
- The kingdom will lose 10 VPs for each active treasure owned by the duke
For a detailed overview on all building times depending on the level of your , please see the list below: