- Excellent for beginners
- Strong defense
- Fast cavalry
- Troops – fast speed, medium build costs, medium time to train
- Merchants – fast (24 f/h), medium capacity (750 resources)
- +5 f/h speed for mounted hero
- Naturally good defenders.
- Phalanx defense is quick and cheap to build.
- Druidriders are more expensive but can travel fast
- While Gauls are often played defensively, they can also be played offensively with great success. In particular:
- Theutates Thunders are excellent raiders (19 f/h, carrying 75 resources)
- Theutates Thunders are also good for killing enemy troops when players are asleep due to high speed
- Chieftains are relatively fast (5 f/h)
- More than other tribes, Gauls have potential to make a market profit (24 f/h, carrying 750 resources)
- Gauls can fill a village with Trappers to frustrate any player that takes it from them
- Haeduan can also be used as defense but are very expensive
For a list of all troops visit our Gaul Troops page.