Dorpen en Steden
With the possibility of upgrading villages to cities, Travian Games has created a whole new feature for Travian: Kingdoms. This opens up new opportunities for players. You can now choose if you wish to found a new village or upgrade an existing one to a city.
What are cities?
A city is the result of the continued development of a village. A village can be upgraded in the Main Building. Compared to a normal village, a city opens up a number of new options. The advantage here is that a city does not occupy an expansion slot in a village although it does consume culture points. To upgrade your village to a city, there are certain requirements that need to be met first. Requirements to upgrade a village to a city
- Enough culture points (this amount will vary depending on where in the server you are.).
- The population in the village must be at least 500.
Advantages of upgrading to a city
- You can upgrade the fields to level 12.
- You gain another 500 population for the city which equals more influence as a king or as a governor on an oasis.
- 500 additional culture points/day if your cap is a city. Other villages raised to a city generate an additional 200 culture points a day.
- Maximum loyalty for a city is raised to 200%.
- The city has an added bonus feature of a Water Ditch which can be upgraded to give you up to 30% defense bonus at level 20.
- Conquering (Chiefing) a city requires having the culture points for 2 villages.
Disadvantages of upgrading to a city
- Another village may be more flexible in your building plans as a king to expand territory or a governor to access a different oasis for the new village.
- Another village can produce more than 200 or 500 culture points (capitol) and have more than 500 population in time.
- Building resource fields in a new village is less expensive in terms of production/resource.
- Two villages produce slightly more resources than one city.
- As soon as your city drops below 1k in population, it is reduced back to a village. This means all of your level 12 resource fields are reduced to 10. This can happen if your village is hit by an attack.
- You do not get additional building queues (Barrack, Stable, Workshop) and you do not get the option to celebrate an additional feast in the Tavern.
The decision of taking a village to a city is up to you as the player. But you need to think about your play style and all of the risks against the benefits. A city makes for a very useful addition to the game. This holds true especially for players stuck in war zones, but also for less active players who don’t settle or conquer that often. Particularly with the increased maximum loyalty of 200% and the new Water Ditch, the city offers highly effective protection. The added production of culture points and resources is considerable, although it doesn’t compare to an additional village. For a well-developed capital village, upgrading it to a city – or better capital city – is almost a must. Especially towards the endgame stage, this city upgrade will prove to be useful. Terug to previous page Back to Top