Chambre du trésor
Building cost (level 1)
The riches of your empire are kept in the Treasury.
Kings are able to upgrade their hidden treasuries to an active treasury (more details below). Once a treasury is made active, it then generates influence based on the population of the village it is in. This active treasury also generates additional resources and victory points.
Differences between the two different kinds of treasury:
- Hidden Treasury: The hidden treasury is the governor’s equivalent of the king’s treasury. It has the same building time, needs the same resources to build and gives the same amount of culture points. One major difference between a hidden and active treasury is that a hidden treasury can't be directly targeted by catapults. Hidden treasuries also do not generate influence and are not visible to your enemies.
- Active (unhidden) Treasury: Kings store treasures here that generate resources, victory points and influence. Depending on its level, another amount of treasures can be stored in one treasury. The king’s treasures can be stolen by other kings if they attack with their hero.
There are events in the game when a hidden treasury becomes an active treasury and when an active treasury becomes a hidden treasury (see details below).
How many active treasuries can I have?
- As a king you can only have active treasuries in half your villages plus one. This means you can only transform a hidden treasury to an active one if your limit is not met. The exact calculation formula is:
ROUNDDOWN(villages/2) + 1
For example: if you have 10 villages, then the maximum number of active treasuries is 6. Therefore if you already have 6 treasuries, you will not be able to transform another one to active state.
What happens to my treasures and resources when I transform a treasury?
- If a hidden treasury is converted to an active treasury, all the treasures in the tributes fund are moved into the active treasury.
- After an active treasury is transformed into a hidden treasury:
As king: Treasures move to closest village which has space left. If none, they will remain as inactive treasures. These do not produce resources or victory points and can still be stolen.
Note: Deactivating your treasury does NOT protect your treasures against attacks (unless ofc, they are transfered to another active treasury).
What happens when a king abdicates?
For a detailed overview on all building times depending on the level of your Main Building, please see the list below: